How do you take the highway to the danger zone on Top Gun Day? Here are 5 ways to celebrate Top Gun Day and not just the movie.
1. Top Gun Day is all about attitude and the importance of teamwork. Which is why going to a karaoke bar with your friends to sing “She’s Lost that Loving Feeling,” and “Take My Breath Away,” is perfectly acceptable. Just make sure you download some Kenny Loggins and blast “Danger Zone,” out of your car windows on your way there.
2. You can also relive another Goose, Maverick and Iceman adventure by playing shirtless volleyball. Just make sure you shower first before meeting up with your date.
3. If volleyball and karaoke aren’t your style, you can always exchange quotes from the movie. Tell your friends you “Have the need, the need for speed.” You can also call your friends and ask for “permission to buzz the tower,” and when they deny your request they can say “Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full.”
4. Or you could always host a Top Gun party with guests dressing up like their favorite characters. Grab your aviator sunglasses and old leather jacket and if you’re really good convert a pair of overalls into a flight suit. Play some Top gun trivia, serve up some popcorn, and watch the movie.
5. Finally, set up some chairs around the TV and break out a Top Gun video game like Hardlock that’s playable on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. It’s a great way to indulge your inner Maverick.