You don’t need a microwave to pop popcorn for your family’s next movie night. Break out your Pujols Kitchen Caldero instead. All you need is Canola or vegetable oil, sea salt and popcorn.
1. Add 3-4 tablespoons of oil (enough to cover the bottom of the caldero) and 1 cup of popcorn to a cold pan.
2. You’ll want to be sure all the popcorn kernels are covered with oil, sitting in a shallow puddle of it.
3. The kernels should be spread out and not piled on top of each other.
4. Turn the burner to medium heat and shake the caldero back and forth to distribute the heat evenly across the kernels. Do this until the first kernel pops.
5. Be sure to have your lid ready because once the first kernel pops, the others aren’t far behind. Cover your caldero with the lid, sliding the pot back and forth over the heat until all the kernels are popped.
6. Add sea salt (and melted butter – optional) to popcorn and serve.