Happy Almond Day! A day that celebrates all things almond. Food historians believe almonds were one of mankind’s first cultivated foods. High in vitamin E, almonds are effective at reducing cholesterol levels and helping with weight loss. For a healthy and tasty snack on Almond Day or at your next party, try these Cinnamon Roasted Almonds.
· 1 egg white
· 1 tsp cold water
· 4 cups whole almonds
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1/4 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Lightly grease 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl, lightly beat egg white then add water and beat until frothy but not stiff.
4. Add almonds and stir until well coated.
5. Next, mix the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the almonds, tossing to coat, then spreading evenly on the prepared pan.
6. Bake almonds for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until golden.
7. Allow to cool, then store cinnamon roasted almonds in an airtight container.