Happy Pie Day! Who doesn’t love pie? Sweet, savory, and filled with gravy or sauce, pies come in all shapes, sizes and flavors. Celebrate Pie Day with this Coconut Mango Cream Pie Recipe for a taste of the Caribbean in the dead of winter.
· 14-ounce can coconut cream
· 2 cups chopped mango
· 3 tablespoons agave
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 7-ounce tube Maria Cookies
· ¾ cup almonds
· ¼ cup coconut oil
1. Combine coconut cream, mango, agave and vanilla in a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Pass puree through sieve and set aside.
2. Next, toss Maria cookies, almonds and coconut oil into blender (no need to clean it out). Pulse until a dough forms, then press dough firmly into a 9-inch pie plate and top with mango cream.
3. Transfer pie to freezer and chill for a minimum of 2 hours. Before serving, allow pie to sit for a few minutes at room temperature.