Topped with tons of roasted veggies, this simple deep dish pizza is easy and healthy.
•1 store-bought pizza crust
•1/2 cup pizza sauce
•1 cup mixed veggies of your choice (such as cherry tomatoes, eggplant, onion, green pepper, mushroom)
•1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
•OPTIONAL: Italian seasonings, Parmesan cheese, fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to broil, toss veggies in olive oil and then transfer to a baking sheet, and broil for 4-6 minutes on the top rack (low/medium broil), tossing once for even cooking. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Coat a large Pujols Kitchen sauté pan with extra virgin olive oil and run a garlic clove around for seasoning. Place pizza dough onto the pan and push it up around the sides about 1 to 1.5 inches. Let dough rest for a few minutes while preparing the rest of your toppings.
4. Next, sprinkle 1/2 of mozzarella cheese onto the dough, then add veggies, then sauce. Top veggies with remaining mozzarella cheese, Italian seasonings (dried basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper, etc.) and grated parmesan cheese.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese and sauce are bubbly. Let pizza rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.