Boost your immunity for this flu season with the following foods:
· Garlic helps the immune system make more white blood cells and natural killer cells.
· Green Tea has more antioxidants than those found in vegetables, coffee, and red wine. Drinking 1–5 cups daily you’re less likely to get the flu than someone who doesn’t drink tea.
· Kale offers more vitamin C than almost any other dark leafy green which can reduce an infection's symptoms and duration.
· Mushrooms are a good source of immune-boosting minerals, including zinc.
· Oats are a good source of soluble fiber which stimulates the production of the anti-inflammatory protein interleukin-4 and bolsters immunity.
· Pumpkin Seeds are a great source of zinc which is an essential mineral for cellular functions, including immune cell production.
· Yogurt - Probiotics in yogurt have been shown to increase flu-vaccine effectiveness and reduce a cold's duration and severity.