Since 2010, tortillas – not the chips but the round flat breads used to wrap burritos - have been outselling hamburger and hot dog buns at supermarkets and retail food stores. And according Jim Kabbani, CEO of the Tortilla Industry Association salsa has been the new ketchup since 2008.
Celebrate Tortilla Chip Day by baking your own tortilla chips with this simple and easy recipe.
· Bag of 8 Flour Tortilla Shells
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut tortillas into wedge/triangular pieces.
3. Spread tortilla wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Bake tortilla wedges for about 6 minutes, then use tongs to turn wedges over.
5. Sprinkle with a little salt, and bake for another 6 to 9 minutes, until they are just beginning to brown