Much as we’d all like to believe ice cream can cure any bad mood, the sad truth is ice cream doesn’t always work. Here are some suggestions for how to beat your bad mood with healthy foods.
· If a heavy workload and busy schedule has you stressed, it’s okay to indulge in some chocolate to reduce the stress hormones swimming in your body.
· By the end of the work week lots of us feel sluggish and the best way to improve concentration is by eating folate rich foods like spinach.
· If you’re cranky, chances are your sugar and energy levels are low. Eating an apple with peanut butter will keep your sugar and energy levels stable for a longer time.
· Feeling anxious? Eating salmon for omega-3 fatty acids can help tame your anxiety.
· Sometimes we all reach a boiling point and need something to calm us down. To calm down fast, sip a cup of Green Tea.
· When PMS gets you down an egg salad sandwich is just what your body needs to help boost serotonin levels and improve your mood.
· If sadness has set in turn to low-fat milk for Vitamin D. A vitamin D deficiency may be contributing to your low mood and can reduce feelings of depression.