Here are some tips for how to prep healthy food for your week ahead:
1. On the weekend make a menu and then a grocery list
2. Pull out all the ingredients you’ll need for your meals
3. Make the most of your time, by starting with the things that have an element of inactive work like making bread. Get the dough together and rising first, before you do anything else. With the stove and the oven on, it warms up and my dough rises better.
4. Chop all your veggies for snacking.
5. Make salads-in-a-jar (Mason jar). Keep lettuce separate from the dressing and it all stays fresh and crisp for days. You can dump the whole thing into a bowl or eat it right out of the jar. It’s a perfectly portable and healthy lunch.
6. Prepare the rest of your meals to the step just before cooking, store in air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.