Here are some tips that have saved me time at the airport:
1. Check in online before going to the airport.
2. Wear shoes that slide off so you don’t hold up the TSA security lines
3. Don’t wear heels on the plane if you need to wear them when you reach your destination. Consider stowing them in your carry on.
4. Keep documents like your pass port, boarding pass and ID in an easy-to-access pocket or badge holder around your neck.
5. Keep toiletries in a bag that’s easy to remove from your carry-on. Do this as well for your laptop.
6. Eat prior to going to the airport or bring healthy snacks with you so you don’t have to eat airport food.
7. Sign up for the TSA’s PreCheck Program so you can use expedited security lanes and leave your laptop and toiletries in your bag.