You’ve been good this week. Worked out every day, avoided sweets, had healthy meals. And then along comes the weekend. Let’s face it, weekends are full of temptations—parties, snacks, going out to eat with family and friends. Then Monday rolls around and we’re frustrated with ourselves for falling off the wagon. That’s why it’s good to have a plan before the weekend starts. Here are some tips for maintaining your diet and exercise regimen on weekends.
· Don’t skip your workout – Treat Saturday and Sunday like any other day of the week and workout, even if it’s an easy walk around the block.
· Eat like it’s a weekday – Eat the same salad or healthy meal at home that you would during the regular work week. Your body will thank you.
· Limit alcohol – Studies show that drinking alcohol prevents persons from getting REMs or deep sleep. When you’re tired, you’re less motivated to work out and more likely to eat to stay awake.
· Increase water –Water helps our bodies control calories, energizes muscles and keeps our skin looking good.
· One cheat meal – Hey, it is the weekend after all and you know what they say, “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”