For the Pujols Family, weekends whiz by in the blink of an eye. Here are some tips for making the most of your weekends:
· Allow your mind and body to recover from the typical stresses you encounter during the week by doing a different kind of labor such as soccer, chopping firewood or playing a musical instrument.
· A failure to plan is a plan for failure. Not that you need to micromanage with a minute-by-minute playbook, but sketching 3-5 activities in your planner lets you anticipate and savor the fun events you have planned for the weekend rather than succumbing to feeling tired and staying cooped up in your house.
· Extend your weekend and dampen your Sunday night blues by making a tradition of a big dinner with your family, taking an early evening yoga class or volunteering by serving meals to those less fortunate.
· Make the most of your morning. Consider getting up early to do your exercises or running. Getting up before the rest of your family is less disruptive to your day.
· Create traditions of your own like Friday night pizza, Sunday morning pancakes or walking to religious services. Habits like these create traditions and memories. Comforting rituals like these boost your family’s happiness.