Let’s face it, mastering the madness on Black Friday means maximizing your savings, staying on budget and completing your shopping list all while keeping your cool. You can do this. All it takes is some planning and following these 5 simple tips.
1. They say “a failure to plan is a plan for failure,” and boy is that true when it comes to Black Friday. Before you step foot in any store, you’ll want to make a list, set a Budget and plan your shopping route. Shop at the stores that carry that “hot product” first and if possible, list all the items needed from each store in order of the store layout. This will make your shopping trip less stressful.
2. Just because you don’t see the item you’re looking for, doesn’t mean they’ve sold out. Be prepared to find your items in unexpected places in the store. When in doubt, ask a clerk. You never know, you might find electronics in the frozen foods section. There’s not telling why.
3. Consider shopping online. While some avoid shopping online because of shipping costs, you’ll find that many companies offer free shipping on Black Friday. And another bonus, you avoid crowds and waiting in long lines.
4. Divide and Conquer. Two are certainly better than one on Black Friday. Consider sending a friend or your spouse after an item on your list while you get another. When you work as a team you are better equipped to score everything on your list.
5. Don’t forget the other secret weapons—coupons and offers available through retailer apps. Scour the ads on Thanksgiving for coupons to deepen your discounts even further. You can also find even more offers by downloading apps for your favorite retailers from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store.