It’s easy to get discouraged when life doesn’t go the way we planned. Job layoffs, bad health and a death in the family can all have a negative impact on your marriage. But when the going gets tough, we women can get tougher. Here are some things to consider when your husband is hurting.
· He may have failed or made a wrong choice, but he needs your forgiveness.
· Rather than discourage and make him feel rejected, encourage him instead.
· Show him you believe in him.
· Pray for him.
· Be his friend and his lover.
· Love him for who he is and where he is at rather than for his potential.
· Don’t focus on his growth in the Lord, focus on your own.
· Be positive and approach him with love and grace.
· When he’s down, don’t be tempted to take over. The last thing you want to do is emasculate him. Communicate with him as best as you can so you understand how he wants things done.
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7