These roasted maple pears are the perfect way to usher in autumn.
- 4 Bosc Pears, halved and cored
- ½ cup apple cider or apple juice
- ½ stick (4 TBSP) butter
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Heat cider in microwave for 1 minute.
- Slice butter into pieces and stir into heated juice until melted
- Slice pears in half, scooping out seeds and core
- Place pears in a small baking dish
- Pour cider mixture over pears and sprinkle with cinnamon, then drizzle maple syrup over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting with juice from the bottom of the pan every 10 minutes
- Serve warm