This Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is full of flavor, healthy, and easy to make.
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 mediumlarge sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ TBSP ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced fireroasted tomatoes
- 34 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: fresh cilantro lime wedges
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened and lightly browned (57 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Then add sweet potato, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and cinnamon. Stir mixture until sweet potatoes are coated with the spices.
- Next, add the diced fireroasted tomatoes, 3 cups of the stock, and the tomato paste and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and allow chili to simmer until potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and cook until they are warmed, a few minutes more.
- If the chili is too thick for your preference, add another cup of stock.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.