Short on cash but still want to give back to your community? There are all sorts of ways to give back that don’t cost you a dime out of pocket. Here are 5 free ways to give back to your community.
· Volunteer. Whether you volunteer at your local soup kitchen or for Habitat for Humanity, the only thing it will cost you is time.
· Charitable Closet-Cleaning. Pick through your closet and find clothing you know you won’t be wearing again. That cardigan you haven’t worn in two years could be donated to a charity so someone else can get some use out it.
· Browse for a Cause. When you download and install the Browse for a Cause app on your computer you can donate a percentage of your purchases to the charity of your choice. Websites like Amazon kick back a small percentage to referring sites (usually 3% to 5%).
· Join Social Vibe. To help support your favorite causes and organizations, like the World Wildlife Fund, suicide prevention organization To Write Love On Her Arms, Charity: Water, and more, join SocialVibe. Raise money for your cause by completing certain brand activities (like posting a message about a certain brand on your Facebook page) and sponsors will donate money to one of over 40 nonprofits.
· Like Shabby Apple. For every new person who “likes” them on Facebook, Shabby Apple will donate 5 cents to help women develop their own businesses through Kiva, a micro-lending resource.