Few people actually enjoy doing the dishes and that’s what makes No Dirty Dishes Day so great. It’s a day to celebrate not having to do any dishes and to strategize the ways in which you can avoid washing as many dishes in the future. Here are some ideas.
1. The fewer dishes you have, the fewer dishes you tend to use. Consider cleaning out your kitchen cupboard.
2. As soon as you’re through using a small dish, wash it. No one likes having to scrape off dried and caked-on food from a plate when they could be doing something else. If you wash your dishes the instant you’re done, they’re much easier to clean.
3. One-pot meals. Stews, soups, risottos, Couscous, etc. are simple and healthy meals that allow you to use fewer dishes.
4. If you’re hosting a party or family get-together soon, consider serving finger foods. This way you won’t have to wash a bunch a silverware when the party is over.
5. Designate a cup for each family member to use for the rest of the day. You’ll not only have fewer dishes to wash, you’ll save water too.