What’s not to love about Thanksgiving? Great food, a long holiday weekend with family and friends to give thanks for the blessings in our lives.
Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with enough to eat and that’s why November is a great time to donate to your local food pantry.
Here is a list of the items most needed.
· 100% Juice Drinks
· Holiday Foods like cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes
· Low-Sodium Vegetables, especially mixed vegetables for more colorful and well-rounded meals
· Canned Chicken, Canned Salmon and Canned Tuna for a much-needed protein boost
· Unsalted Nuts for a source of proteins and vitamins
· No Sugar Added Fruits
· Shelf-Stable Milk that will last a long time
· Whole Grain Pasta to promote fiber intake
· Canned Beef Stew, a non-perishable meal that’s full of meats, veggies and complex carbohydrates
· Brown Rice as well as quinoa which are great meal options because they are super high in protein
· Oatmeal for healthy and filling breakfasts
· Canola and Olive Oil because they are important for cooking and healthy thanks to mono-unsaturated fats
· Peanut Butter
· Low-Sodium Soups, especially soups with a lot a vegetables because they are higher in fiber and will keep a person feeling fuller longer
· Beans are nutrition powerhouses full of fiber, protein and Vitamin B
· Low-Sugar Cereals
· Granola Bars and Popcorn are healthy snacks kids also love