With only two weeks left until Christmas, it’s time to get your home ready for holiday parties and overnight guests. Here are some ways to organize and add cheer to your house without breaking the bank.
· Brighten your bathroom by replacing your old hand towels with new ones in bold shades that complement the color scheme in the room. Clear the clutter from your bathroom counters and put out a nice liquid soap, hand cream and simple décor like candles or a dried floral arrangement.
· It’s also important to de-clutter your living room too since this is where most of your entertaining will take place. Before guests arrive, make sure shoes are picked up along with the kids’ toys and your exercise equipment is stowed safely away.
· You can add festive touches to your home by filling a glass bowl with pine cones and greenery, or place lightly scented candles (cinnamon, nutmeg or pine) on tables and other surfaces.
· If you’re expecting a crowd, be sure to add a row of hooks near the door so you don’t have a pile of coats on the stairs or floor. Or, you can temporarily clear your family’s coats from the coat closet for the big event.
· To make your out-of-town guests feel even more welcome, be sure to make extra space for their belongings. Clear out some space in your guest bedroom closet so they can hang their items. Plenty of us have forgotten to bring a toiletry or two from home. That’s why it’s nice to leave your guests a travel-size shower gel or hand cream in their room just in case.