You don’t need an excuse to make Eggs Benedict, but Eggs Benedict Day is as good as any. This easy Eggs Benedict recipe is ready in 23 minutes.
· 8 cold eggs
· 4 English muffins (split and toasted)
· 8 slices Canadian-style bacon, warmed
· 3/4 cup Hollandaise Sauce (see below)
1. Heat 2 to 3 inches of water in your Pujols Kitchen caldero to boiling. Adjust heat to keep liquid gently simmering. Break eggs 1 at a time into custard cup or saucer. Then, holding dish close to the simmering water’s surface, gently slip the egg into water.
2. Allow eggs to cook for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Do not stir the eggs. When the eggs are finished cooking, lift them from the water with your Pujols Kitchen slotted spoon, allowing the water to drain well from the egg.
3. Top each muffin half with 1 slice of Canadian bacon, 1 egg and about 1-1/2 TBSP of hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately.
For Hollandaise sauce you’ll need
· 3 egg yolks
· ¼ cup water
· 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
· ½ cup of butter (1 stick cut in 8 pieces)
· ¼ tsp. salt
· 1/8 tsp. paprika
· Dash of pepper
To prepare Hollandaise sauce
Whisk eggs, water and lemon juice in a small saucepan until blended. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbling along the pan’s edges. Then stir in butter, one piece at a time, until butter is melted and the sauce thickens. Once sauce thickens, remove from heat and stir in salt, paprika and pepper. Drizzle sauce over assembled English muffins and serve.