We love the flavors in this Chipotle Sweet Potato and Lentil Chili.
· 1 medium-size yellow onion, diced (approx. 2 cups)
· 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
· 1 large green bell pepper, cored and diced
· 1 large jalapeno, cored and diced
· 3 cloves minced garlic
· 3 tsp cumin
· 2 tsp smoked paprika
· 2 tsp chili powder
· 2 tsp dried oregano
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, diced + 2 TBSP adobo sauce from the can*
· 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies
· 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
· 3 cups vegetable broth
· 2 medium-size sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2” cubes (approx. 2 and 1/2 cups)
· Suggested toppings: cilantro, cashew sour cream, avocado, green onion, shredded cheese
1. Begin by warming the 2 TBSP olive oil in your Pujols Kitchen caldero over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add diced bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic, spices and chilies with adobo sauce. Stir together and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Next add lentils along with the can of diced tomatoes and vegetable broth to the caldero. Bring to a low boil, cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Finally, add diced sweet potato to the caldero and stir together. Cover and continue to cook at a low boil for 30 more minutes, or until lentils and sweet potato are tender.
5. Serve warm with preferred toppings and enjoy!