Here are some suggestions for wine and cheese pairings.
· Try pairing Champagne with brie or triple creams. The champagne’s scouring bubbles is a perfect match to the triple cream’s rich texture.
· Sparkling Shiraz and Cambozola. The sharpness of this German cheese’s blue cultures stand up to the wine’s effervescence and tannins.
· Chenin Blanc and Fresh chèvre. Both the cheese and the wine match each other in acidity and intensity.
· Cabernet Sauvignon and Achadinha Cheese Company’s Capricious. This hearty, aged goat cheese is meaty enough to stand up to this robust wine’s tannins.
· Stilton with Port. The salty sharpness of this cheese melds with this wine’s sweet depth.
· Cheddar with red Bordeaux. The gravelly texture of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot combine beautifully with the tang and crystalline crunch of Cheddar.
· Aged Parmigiano-Reggiano and Chianti. Parmigiano’s nutty, distinct crumble coupled with the mouthwatering fruit of Chianti balances this cheese’s salty richness.